How To Make Facebook Private? [Complete Guide]
When it comes to online social connections, Facebook has everything you could possibly need. Through social media, users have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, including gaming, cross-posting to Instagram, joining community groups with individuals who share similar interests, and even more.
To what extent, though, do you exercise discretion in the management of your Facebook activity? Even if you are not engaging in anything dishonorable or illegal, some people do not appreciate having their every move tracked when they are online.
Your Facebook profile and activities may be viewable by the general public and even by your friends, but you have some say over who sees what on your page.
Securing your account is a simple process that won’t take more than a few minutes of your time and won’t take up much of your mental bandwidth. What comes next is the information that is essential.
Can I Alter The Default Sharing Practice With Existing Privacy Controls?
A straightforward approach to limiting the audience for your future postings is to make the Friends option rather than the Public one your default sharing choice. You are able to keep a more private presence on the social media platform by restricting access to your postings so that only friends may view them.
- Follow these steps to access your Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools:
- Use the arrow button in the top right corner of any Facebook screen.
3. To change your settings and your privacy, click the gear icon.
4. Pick Your Settings
5. Choose Privacy from the menu on the left.
6. The first item listed is Who can see your future posts. Select Edit and then change it to Friends if it reads Public.
7. To permanently commit the new settings, click the Close button.
On this screen, you also have the option to change the audience for previous postings. Find the area that says Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or the Public and click on it. First, select Limit Old Posts, and then pick it again immediately after.
Note that your previous posts that were labeled Friends of Friends or Public will now be marked as Friends once this adjustment is applied. You always have the option to change the default privacy level for individual posts whenever it suits you.
Just How Can You LockDown Your Mobile Facebook Account?
- Once you’ve located the Facebook App icon, tap it.
- Open the menu by tapping the menu button (it looks like three parallel horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen, and then navigate to the “Settings and Privacy” subheading.
- To adjust your privacy settings, Tap on “Settings and Privacy,” followed by “Privacy shortcuts,” which will appear beneath it.
- Under the “Privacy” header on the “Privacy shortcuts” screen are a number of options. Select the “View additional privacy settings” link. Doing so will bring up the window where you may inspect and modify your current preferences.
- To modify the audience for your future and archived posts, as well as the individuals, sites, and lists you follow, select the appropriate option under “Your activity.” In the dropdown menu that displays, adjust your option to “Only me” so that it is fully private.
- Repeat step 5 for each of the choices under “How people can locate and contact you” to complete the privatization of your Facebook information.
- Note that you may also manage your profile to make your birthdate, relationships, and other profile information private as well under the “Manage your profile” option on the “Privacy settings” screen.