How To Make A Twitter Account Private?[Complete Guide]
But how can you move to a private account? The process is quite similar to converting to a private profile on other social media networks. This article contains the instructions you’ll need to accomplish your goal.
But how can you make your account preview To Make A Twitter Account Private? Similar steps are taken when a user decides to make their profile private. The instructions you’ll need to get started are included below.
But how exactly can you make your account private? Creating a private profile on Facebook is very similar to creating one on other social networks. The instructions you need to get started are included below.
How to Make Your Twitter Account Private from a PC
If you sign up for Twitter, you’ll be able to set your privacy settings to either public or private. Protect Your Tweets is the name of the menu item that allows you to make your account private. If you have your Tweets protected, new followers will send you an invitation, which you can either accept or decline. Users who were already following you before you started shielding your Tweets can still see and interact with them unless you change your settings.
Protected tweets can be made public at any moment. You can use the Twitter app or the desktop site to accomplish this. On a personal computer, follow these measures to secure your Twitter profile:
- Log in to your Twitter account using your web browser.
- On the left side of the screen, click the Notifications tab and then the little gear symbol to the right of it. It will take you to your Settings page.
- To the right of your username, choose the Privacy and safety tab. This will provide a list of available settings.
Also Read: How To Cancel Hulu? Few Easy Steps!
- Click Protect your Tweets, and a pop-up window will appear requesting confirmation that you wish to make your Twitter account private.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Protect and confirm by typing your password.
How to Make Your Twitter Account Private from the iPhone or iPad App
You can also change your privacy setting from your iPhone app. Follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the Twitter app.
- At the top of your screen, touch the gear icon to access your account settings page to the right of the Twitter search bar.
- Select Privacy and safety from the drop-down menu next to your username.
- Adjust the slider next to Protect your Tweets. It will turn green, indicating that the function is enabled and your tweets are protected/private.
- When you’re finished, tap on Done. Your tweets have been secured.
It’s important to remember that if you set your Twitter account to private, only future visitors will be able to read your tweets and the setting won’t affect your older followers. This means that any followers you earned before changing your account to private will continue to observe your tweets. However, you can erase accounts from your following list if you wish your tweets concealed from them.
How to Make Your Twitter Account Private from the Android App
Privacy settings can be adjusted in the Android app in a manner similar to those of the iOS version. The procedures are also very similar. Following these steps will allow you to convert your public Twitter account to a private one:
- Open the Twitter application.
- To the right of the Twitter search bar at the top of your screen, press the gear symbol to open your account settings page.
- From the drop-down option next to your login, select Privacy and safety.
- Adjust the slider next to Protect your Tweets so that it becomes green, indicating that the feature has been activated and your tweets have been protected.
Once you’ve completed the steps, hit Done. You’ll need to enter your Twitter password.
People who were following you before you changed your settings will still be able to read your tweets, as was previously explained. However, if you want your tweets to be hidden from specific users, you may just unfollow them.