How to Crop a Video? iOs, Android, & Pc!
Cropping an old video to a new aspect ratio is a common practice. There are a number of scenarios in which you might need to crop a video, such as reducing an 8K file to 4K or adapting a movie shot on an iPhone to a vertical or square aspect ratio. This post will explain how to crop video on many platforms, including iOS, Android, PC, and Mac.
How to crop a video on mobile
There are a number of apps available on iOS for cropping videos, but Video Crop is our top pick. What makes it superior to other options exist? This is because it is accessible to everyone and does not cost anything. It is compatible with iOS devices, so you may use it with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Now let’s break this down into its component parts:
- Step 1: Get Video Crop if you don’t already have it. You can download it for free on the App Store.
- Step 2: Once in the app, tap the crop icon in the middle of the scene.
- Step 3: After you’ve clicked the icon, you will see a list of all the video files you have on your iPhone. Select the one you want to crop and tap the checkmark at the top-right of the screen.
- Step 4: There will be a box around the frame of your video. Drag one of the corners of the box. Everything outside of the box will be cropped. You can also tap the center of the box to move it around without changing its size.
- Step 5: Once you are done with the crop, tap the arrow pointing left in the top-right corner of the screen. This will render your video.
- Step 6: You will be able to watch the resized video in the app. If you are happy with the aspect ratio, tap Save.
Android, like the iPhone, provides a number of options for changing the video’s aspect ratio. A tool named Crop & Trim Video can be used for this purpose. You can zoom in on the specific area of the video you wish to extract using this easy-to-use tool. What you should do is outlined below:
- Step 1: Open the app and select the video you are looking to crop.
- Step 2: From there, select the “Crop” option.
- Step 3: You will see a rectangle appear around the video. Everything outside of the rectangle will be cropped out. You can adjust the rectangle to crop out whatever you don’t want.
- Step 4: Once you are happy with the crop, hit the check mark on the top right corner of the screen. That will save your video.
Also Read: How To Cancel Hulu? Few Easy Steps!
How to Crop a Video on Windows and Mac
Using professional editing software is the simplest way to resize a movie on both Windows and Mac, but it can be expensive. Creators who anticipate a frequent need to adjust the dimensions of their videos should invest in professional software.
- Step 1: Open your tool of choice and add your video.
- Step 2: Adjust the cropping window to your desired aspect ratio
- Step 3: Export the project as a new video file
There are no cost choices available online for cropping a single video. A possible solution is to use Wondershare’s Crop Video Online service. When working with larger video files, you can also use the Crop Video feature in Cleo. Both are cost-zero, and they support custom aspect ratios when cropping.
On iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac, these are some of the most straightforward methods for cropping a video. To learn how to rotate videos on certain devices, read our dedicated page.