How to Change Your Name on Facebook? Here’s What You Need To Know!
Do you want to create yourself a new, more original nickname or should you change your Facebook profile to reflect your new legal name? Anytime you want, you can change your Facebook username.
Try this option if you’re tired of Facebook but don’t want to deactivate your account! Even though Facebook only allows you to change your profile name once every 60 days, using the tips in this article will make it simple for you to select a new name to use as your display name.
Name Change Policy for Facebook
- The first step in altering your Facebook name is to familiarise yourself with the platform’s naming guidelines. Your entire legal name is not required. Facebook, on the other hand, would like its users to go by
- their own names.
- Things that can’t be included in a Facebook user’s username are:
- The use of special letters, digits, non-standard capitalization, repeated characters, or punctuation.
- A cast of characters speaking more than one language.
- A wide variety of titles (e.g., professional, religious, etc.)
- Using a word or phrase in place of a name, using a word or phrase that violates Facebook’s Community
- Standards (such as a slur or the name of a dangerous person), or using a word or phrase to represent an organization in place of a person. This is due to the fact that Facebook profiles are meant for people, whereas pages are meant for organizations, causes, and concepts.
- Facebook handles nicknames similarly to first or middle names. As long as the nickname you want to use is a form of your legal name, you should be fine using it.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook
- When prompted, select the name.
- The replacement text for the former name can be entered here. Next, select Review Alteration.
Put in the code and hit the Save button.
For Mobile Devices
- Start up the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Select the menu button represented by three horizontal lines (bottom-right corner for iPhone, a top-right corner for Android.)
- Select Privacy & Settings from the drop-down menu. Once you’re there, select Preferences.
- Select Account Details & Personal Details.
- Put down your name here.
- The next step is to change your name and then click the Review Change button.
- Follow the prompts to enter your Facebook login and then click Save.
Well done! You may only legally change your name once every 60 days, so think carefully about your decision.
Steps to Adding a Nickname to Your Facebook Profile
- Bring up the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- The three horizontal lines/menu icons can be accessed by pressing them (bottom-right corner for iPhone, top-right corner for Android).
- From the drop-down menu, choose Privacy & Settings.
- Select Account Details, then enter your name under Name.
- When you get to the “Other names” box, click “Add a nickname, a birth name.
- Select Nickname from the list that appears when you tap Name Type.
- The last step is to select Save.