There are a lot of individuals looking into Wii U Homebrew. You’ve found the perfect place now. This MiniTool entry will show you how to modify Homebrew for use with your Wii U console.
What Is Wii U
Similar to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the Wii U is a home console for playing video games. Nintendo created it, and it came out in 2012. It has a new touch screen controller and is the first Nintendo console to enable up to 1080P high-definition output.
When compared to competing consoles, this one has significantly less memory at just 2GB. Wii U only comes in two storage configurations, one with 8GB of flash memory and the other with 32GB. That’s why many people are interested in buying an external hard drive for their Wii U.
Weak third-party support and a lackluster library of games led Nintendo to declare the Wii U’s official retirement for 2017. The Wii U may have lost some of its popularity, but it still has a loyal fan base. You’ll need to hack your Wii U and use a Homebrew app if you want to play GameCube games on it without any hiccups.
What Is Homebrew
To get the most of your limited hardware, you can use homebrew applications like Wii U mods. The Wii U cannot play GameCube discs or use GameCube peripherals without the help of the Homebrew software.
Memory card emulation, user-created games, and modified games are just some of the useful tools that come standard with this package. With this Homebrew, your Wii U can play games saved on an external hard drive.
At this point, you could have a basic familiarity with the Wii U and its Homebrew applications. Our primary focus is on teaching you how to run Homebrew on your Wii U and play games that weren’t originally designed for it. Let’s read on with attention.
What You Need to Prepare for Wii U Homebrew
Make sure you have the necessary hardware and equipment on hand before attempting to hack a Wii U. What follows is a detailed rundown of each one:
- Windows PC
- The latest Wii U system (5.5.3 or later)
- An SDHC Micro SD card with 32GB at least
- A USB drive or external USB hard drive
- An SD card formatted
- Wii U USB helper
#1.How to Hack Wii U with Homebrew
Wii U must be hacked with Homebrew in order to play games smoothly. Please read the following description with attention, as this procedure is lengthy and involved.
Set Up Your SD Card
A FAT32 SD card is required for the Homebrew and Haxchi installations, as stated above. Using a professional formatter may be necessary if your SD card is larger than 32GB. MiniTool Partition Wizard is a reliable application that can swiftly and effectively format an SD card.
Step 1. Connect the prepared SD card to your computer via a card reader.
Step 2. Launch the software to enter its main interface, and then select the SD partition in the disk map and click on Format Partition from the left pane.
Step 3. Select FAT32 from the File System drop-down menu and click on OK to save changes. Here you can change the Partition Label to Homebrew.
Step 4. Click on the Apply button to execute this formatting.
Step 5. Create 2 empty folders in the SD card so that you can put the Homebrew files into them. Here you can name the folders to Install and WiiU separately.
Step 6. Create a folder named HBC under the Install directory, and then create another folder named apps under the WiiU directory. The Install folder is used to install custom Homebrew Channels on Wii U, and the WiiU/apps folder is used to save Homebrew apps, which should look like this:
Once you have set up an SD card, you can proceed with the following steps to hack Wii U Homebrew.
#2.Download Necessary Files for Wii U Homebrew
There are some necessary zip files for Wii U hacks that you need to download and unzip. Open a browser and download all the following Wii U Homebrew-related files to your computer.
- When the browser exploit is launched, the JSTypeHax-Payload file is read and run.
- Broadcasting on the Homebrew Booster: The payload file is what brings it into play. All of the these.zip archives must be downloaded.
- An explanation of Homebrew, an independent software distributor: Your Wii U will be able to act as a standalone app store for future software releases.
#3. Transfer the Homebrew Wii U Files to Your SD Card
This step is copying the Homebrew Wii U files from your PC to the SD card. Here is a quick and easy guide:
Step 1. Make sure you connect the SD card to your computer.
Step 2. Select the AppStore and homebrew-launcher folders on your computer, right-click them and select Copy. Open the WiiU/apps directory in the SD card, and then right-click the empty area in the folder and select Paste.
Step 3. Select the payload. elf file, and then copy it to the WiiU folder (not the apps folder inside it).
Step 4. Open the homebrew_launcher_channel.v1.4 folder, and then press Ctrl + A keys to select all its content and copy them to the Install/HBC directory. After that, all the Wii U Homebrew hack files should have the following structure:
Load the Homebrew Launcher on Your Wii U
Loading the Homebrew Launcher on a Wii U is possible once all Homebrew Wii U files have been transferred to the system’s SD card. For the initial exploit to load, your Wii U must be online. Just stick to the below-listed instructions to accomplish that:
Step 1. Connect the SD card to your Wii U console.
Step 2. Open the Internet browser on your Wii U, and navigate to the Wii exploit.XYZ site and add it to bookmark.
Step 3. On the pop-up page, click on the Run Homebrew Launcher button to load the launcher.
Step 4.After inserting the SD card into your Wii U, the system should reboot into the Homebrew Launcher program if the installation was successful. In the event of a freeze, you can power down your console by pressing and holding the Power button, then restart it using the instructions given above.
Install the Homebrew Launcher Channel
When using the Homebrew Launcher, the Homebrew Channel is a crucial loading mechanism. It facilitates instantaneous app and game loading and unloading. This software eliminates the need to launch a lengthy online exploit in order to use Homebrew. The procedure is as follows:
Step 1. Open the Home screen of the Homebrew launcher and open the Homebrew app store from the SD card.
Step 2. In the app store, find the Mocha CFW and WUP Installer G2X apps and install them both.
Step 3. Log out of the Homebrew app store and load Mocha CFW. After that, your Wii U will reboot and the Mocha splash screen will display.
Step 4. When you arrive on the custom firmware screen, you can install the Homebrew channel permanently. To do so, run the Internet browser exploit again, and then open the WUP Installer G2X and select it and click on Install.
How to Run Games on Wii U
Now, the Wii U hack should be complete. The Wii U: How to Play Games? This section will bring you a thorough guide.
Step 1. Install the Wii U USB helper on your Windows PC.
- Click here to download the Wii U USB helper on your PC.
- Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.=
Step 2. Download games from the Wii U USB Helper.
1. Open the Wii U USB helper and search for games that you want to play from the top left corner.
2. Second, right-click the search result, pick Download Game(S), and then carry out the rest of the steps as instructed. After obtaining the games via download, they can be transferred to the SD card.
Step 3. Copy the games to your SD card.
1. Keep the Wii U USB Helper running and insert your SD card into the PC.
2. Click on the Copy to SD button at the bottom right corner.
3. To duplicate a game, simply follow these steps:
4. Click the Copy to SD option and then pick the drive letter of your SD card, after which you can confirm your copying. Thereafter, the Assistant will utilize File Explorer to begin transferring the game data to the SD card.
Step 4: Put games on the USB drive from the SD card. You may play Wii U games from an external device, such as a USB flash drive, by downloading them to the drive and then inserting it into your system. If you’d prefer to skip this step, that’s fine.
- Boot up your Wii U and insert both the SD card and USB drive into it.
- In the WUP Installer window, your installed games will show up. Select the game that you want to install and click on Install.
- Select the USB to install the game. After that, the WUP Installer will start copying the game files. You need to repeat this step to install all the games from the SD card. Once done, exit the WUP Installer. Now, you can play the games from your Wii U home screen.